Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mardi Gras 2010






I just experienced my first "Crystal Beach Mardi Gras" and boy was it a fun time! Those crazy beach bums sure know how to put on a fun party! I finally got to hear Tropical Depression band (the band my "Double" is in). He's the BEST drummer in the world! I want to be just like him when I grow up! Dad even got Mom to dance with him - even at 9 months pregnant! It was so much fun getting to hang out with all the friends and family who traveled down to Bolivar. Mom, Dad, and I enjoyed seafood gumbo and crawfish! There were tons of appetizers, chips/dips, and a wonderful King Cake! My Dad and the "young" adults continued the party at the Tiki Bar across the street later that evening... Mom couldn't hang, so we stayed home and "doggie-sat" for all the family pets! I am pretty sure we were sound asleep by 9:30!

One funny note - Mom was relaxing in a lawn chair enjoying the music when Aunt Amy's dog, Lily, ran by and knocked her drink in her lap! Mom saw it coming and tried to stand up, but due to the "lack" of stomach muscles these days, Mom couldn't "jump" up as fast as she used to...Everyone was watching and tried to help, but nobody thought to pull Mom up out of the chair! haha! I thought it was pretty funny, and luckily Mom did too!!

1 comment:

  1. I use to balance my cereal or ice cream bowl right on top of my belly just like your drink! Love it! Cant wait to meet him

    ReplyDelete