Friday, March 12, 2010

Ready or not, here I come!





As most of you know by now, I decided to take a short cut and land this plane sooner than Mom and Dad thought! I couldn't stand it any longer and was ready to enter the world! So, much to Mom and Dad's surprise, I thought 3:00am Wednesday, Feb. 24th would be an excellent time to begin the home stretch. Mom's water broke while she and Dad were sound asleep and off to St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital they sped... Grammy, Double, Aunt Jen, Uncle Josh, and Great Auntie A were all there within a few hours to share in my arrival. After 14 long hours, I made my grand entrance into the world at 5:11 pm, weighing in at 8 lbs, and 21 inches long (not to mention 3 WEEKS EARLY!). The doctor's were stunned at my "healthy" size for being considered 1 day premature. If I would have been born the next day, I would have been considered "full term", but because I came at 36 weeks and 6 days, I was considered "pre-term". Mom had some scary complications following my delivery (hemorrhaging), but thankfully, she is recovering well! I was given an A+ from the pediatrician and am a healthy little boy! ("Angel boy" as Grammy likes to call me) Here's a few pics from my birthday party!

3 comments: